Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Hockey Game

I love going to hockey games. Last weekend I went to go see the Plymouth Whalers with my dad to see them play the Spitfires from Windsor, Canada.



Hockey games is the best entertainment in the world. Every time you watch hockey there is the excitement and emotions that are unique to the hockey game. I was focused on watching the left defensemen because that is my position on my own team.



About half an hour before the game started we got there. I have not been to the Whalers in over a year, so I was extremely excited and it was on my mind the whole weekend. We walked around the arena and found our seats. Our seats were in the third row on a corner, and we were the only ones sitting in that row. I liked it because it was private, and it was not crowded at all. After walking down to get our seats, my dad bought pizza for me. Since they have a pizza restaurant outside the rink that was crowded, we bought from a vendor who sold the same kind of pizza around the rink. I had two slices before the game started.



When the first period started, I tried to focus my attention on the left defensemen. The Whalers played very different hockey than midgets do because the whalers skated very fast and had forty second line changes, ( midgets is the age level of hockey I play in). I noticed that the defensemen did mostly the same things that I did on the ice. My dad and I sat on the visitors side, so every time the Canadians scored a goal, everyone cheered. I thought that the Whalers played a very bad game, and I thought they would loose because they were outplayed.



In intermission my dad and I talked about how the Canadians love the English Queen Elizabeth II so much and that even though they are an independent country for about 150 years, they are still culturally part of the crown. Later we bought nachos and Pepsi. The second period was a disaster for the Whalers. They did not score any goals and put forth little effort to challenge their enemies. The only thing that kept me from cheering the Canadians was the fact that they were Canadians.



The third period went by fast for me. I think it was because I was having too much fun with my dad.I watched the whole period. It was very intense and I chewed popcorn very fast. I think the Whalers tried their best in this period, even though they had hardly any shots and it seemed like a lost cause. About one minute before the game ended we left our seats and watched from the entrance and ran out into the parking lot after the last second ended to beat traffic.

4 comments:

  1. I also enjoy watching the Whalers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written blog, superb grammar and vocabulary. I like how you played close attention to a certain position. It adds a whole new perspective to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I was in elementary school and every year students would go the a Whaler's game. A few players on the Whalers came to our school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like you had a really good time going to see the whalers play, and I love going to watch hockey games there very exciting and i get into them a lot. Also you do a good job focusing on main ideas.

    ReplyDelete