Friday, October 30, 2009

Kitty Kat

One of the most influential living thing in my life that warms my day and makes me feel better is my cat. My cat's name is Felix. He is a Ragdoll that is white with blue eyes, a grey tail, and a grey face. Felix is four years old and weighs 17 pounds and likes to hang around me. I would like to show you my cat's life.



Every morning when I wake up, my cat follows me around and likes to be petted. He typical rolls over on his back and he puts his paws down. When I pet him he starts to purr and when I walk away he looks at me with his big blue eyes. As I head down for breakfast he jumps up on his tree and meows at me to feed him. I never do though because that is my sister's job.



After I have left for school with my dad who goes to work, my cat begs for food from my sister. My cat likes to eat a lot, and since we feed him about half of what we used to, he eats it all in the morning.When Sarah leaves, he usually hangs out in the family room where he can watch our canary. Felix many times has tried to hunt our canary, and we had to move all the furniture away from the cage. I think the cat gets hyper and wants the bird most is when our bird sings.

When my dad returns home for lunch, my cat sometimes visits with him by jumping up on our kitchen table which is low enough for him to jump on. My dad likes Felix a lot, and the cat usually sleeps at my dad's feet every night. When I come home from school, I pet my cat and he takes away the pressures of my school where it sometimes seems like an uphill battle against two thousand students, and probably one hundred and fifty teachers. One day recently, I gave Felix a piece of bologna and he ate it off my hand and licked the grease off.

Right around dinnertime my dog Oscar goes to stalk the cat. He chases Felix around the house and bites off bits of kitty fur. I always think it is funny when animals use their instincts to go and hunt. Just like my dog who hunts the cat, and my cat hunts the bird.Then after an unsuccessful day of hunting, they lay down and take a nap.

Later after I have finished my homework, I go downstairs to discuss politics with my dad and to go and see my cat. My cat is usually on the couch watching FOX News with my dad anyway, so I do not have to look very far for him.

My cat has a big part of my social aspect of my life. He makes me feel good about myself. I think that everyone should have a cat like Felix. To see more ragdoll cats like mine, go to http://catsabout.com/od/breedpictures/ig/Ragdoll-Cat-Photos/.

3 comments:

  1. Nick, I'm touched by this blog. I love cats, and I wish i had one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you described your cat's day with a lot of detail for the reader, from the time you wake up until after dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cats. Mine eats a lot too, and i like the part when you said he watches t.v. with your dad.

    ReplyDelete